This is to help you to pick the right color for your interior. So when you think of colors and shades for your home, think in terms of:
- Creating a mood and ambience
- Choosing color combinations according to the function of the room
- Choosing shades by the size of the room
- Decide on colors to highlight the shape of the room
- Complementing the furniture inside the room
- Consider the Fabric and flooring to define a theme
- Colors of the upholstery / carpet and curtains have to be harmonized with the wall colors
- They can either be in analogous or complementary combinations with the wall color
Technicalities: Things you should know before starting of painting
- Background color: The color covering largest proportional wall of a room.
- Feature wall color: The color of the feature wall/ high - lighted wall.
- Accents: The color used in the least proportion to enhance the overall décor.
Shade selection: Before selecting the shade, you should remember the following points.
- Do not use more than two primary colors in one room
- Too many colors in a room create chaos
- Build the colors in the room around the color of the feature wall
- Dark color should be used against a light background
- Use accents or strong colors on specific niches to ensure viewer´s focus
- Keeping the background color toned down will increase the sharpness of accents in Niches